Saturday 3 October 2009

Give thanks

I decided this week I want to devote more time to this blog. I enjoy writing about our life in Austin and whatever is on my mind! So I planned to do 3 entries per week, starting with today.

It's been a really busy and tiring day and with 20 minutes until bedtime, I just didn't feel like it. But one thing I really hate is being dictated to by my feelings, and whenever I realise that's what's going on, I try my hardest to stand firm against them! So despite the day I've had, I decided to write this, because life goes deeper than feelings.

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.

(Psalm 105 v 1-4)

1 comment:

  1. You are right Becky! So many Christians assume anything they 'feel' is from God. There is certainly a feeling attached to sensing in our spirits, but it is a very delicate thing and does not demand attention but rather invites it. Our fleshly feelings - tiredness, hunger, thirst, anger etc., are usually very pushy and as you say have to be strongly resisted! Indeed it is good to rebuke such feelings out loud with a verse such as " I have been crucified with Christ. And the life which I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God" Gal. 2:20. Have you ever noticed that the only time Jesus is actually recorded as having slept is when He was in the boat in the middle of a storm. As such I believe He was using sleep as an act of spiritual aggression against fear and worry - Wow!! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete